Saturday, December 29, 2018

New Year

I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but I do have overall goals for the New Year. On the 26th day of 2019, I'll turn 37. Let that sink in. I feel like I'm closer and closer to the woman I want to be, but still have a ways to go before I hit 40. Here are some of my goals:

Become Financially Secure
Last year, my husband worked a great job financially. Instead of saving like we should've, we pretty much blew right through it. Then my husband lost his job in August and we went into major debt. Like we're having to dig ourselves out of huge hole. He makes more money than I do, so it was hard to shoulder all the expenses for the past five months. Luckily, my husband is now gainfully employed, but we will spend the first part of 2019 paying off debt and saving.

Travel
That  being said, I do hope we get to travel this summer. We'll go to Colorado at the end of July for my final summer seminar in my doctoral program. Abi and I are taking a service trip with the UU Youth in June. Usually, they go to New Orleans, but I think this year we may go to Houston. UU GA is also this summer in Spokane, Washington, but I'm not sure if I'll get to go. I'm really, really hoping we can spring another summer trip to Disneyland. I know we won't be able to stay on site like we did two summers ago (prices have jumped), but I so wanna go! That was hands-down the best vacation we've taken as a family. Now that we're a family of five, I'd really for Abi to go.

Live Healthier
I need to get back on the healthy eating and exercise train. I know what I need to do, but I just need to do it. It's so hard being a doctoral student, mom, full-time worker, wife, etc. As I inch closer to 40, I need to take my health into consideration.

And those are my major goals. What are you looking forward to in 2019? What are you dreading?

No comments:

Post a Comment